In a former life, I wore heels. It’s true. Before I decided to stay home with my two little girls and take on this (most fabulous) homeschool mom (ever) role, I worked as an interior designer in the Chicago Loop. You see, as I just said, I wore heels. Cute ones, sexy ones, sky-high ones. And at 5’9 in my stocking feet, I would add another three, four inches and become this towering, sashaying, monument to style. It was all very chic and glamorous (and how I attracted my husband I might add). I loved being creative and fashionable, but girl, my feet were killing me, like, all the time.
All that to say, I don’t miss wearing heels at. all.
Okay, for weddings and other fancy to-dos, yes, I will cram my toes into those pointy tips. But on a day to day basis, I’ve got my feet planted firmly on the ground. Now designers and retailers are finally catching on that flats need to be sleek, cute, and sexy too. Thank goodness, because I was about ready to flip over that fake Crocs kiosk at the mall.
Here, look at these lovely styles. Come my darlings, be grounded with me.
1. Gap electric blue T-straps. Outfit styled via Triple Thread.
2. SixtySeven’s Pebble Madison flat via Free People.
3. Bailee Shoeboot via Free People.
4. Strappy beige flats via Free People.
5. Remember these sleek, loafer cuties from my post about Joinery?
6. Isabel Marant’s Lilo ballerina flat via Totokaelo.
7. Jeffery Campbell’s In Love Rose Gold flat via Need Supply Co..
8. Rachel Comey’s Whistle Flat via Anaise.
PS. Speaking of heels, have you seen Refinery 29’s post about Zara’s new high heeled mules that’re meant to be ruined? Yeaah, I like Zara and all, but I fear someone over there’s been sniffing the glue again. What do you think?